1. Cut a good size hole in the top of the pumpkin. Large enough that makes it easy to clean out the seeds and place your stuffing inside.
2. In a separate pot, cook 1 cup of brown rice or wild rice and set aside.
3. Remove seeds and strings from pumpkin and top
4. In a pan sauté garlic and onion until they become fragrant (4-5mins)
5. Add the mushrooms, peppers, chicken, and bacon into the pan and light sauté until the chicken has browned and the bacon is mostly cooked. (these ingredients have a lot of water in them and you want to get some of it to evaporate out before putting it in your pumpkin)
6. Add the spinach and rice to the pan and mix until the ingredients are nicely combined.
7. Stuff that empty pumpkin with the fixings!
8. Add the cream and cheese, place pumpkin top on.
9. Bake at 350F for 2 hours. Check on the pumpkin at 90mins, remove the top so any extra liquid can evaporate and the top stuffing gets nice and brown
When the pumpkin is ready, carefully, very carefully (it's heavy, hot, and wobbly) bring it to the table or transfer it to a platter that you'll bring to the table
Leave a Reply.