Eat the roasted veggies as a side dish to protein or top it on salads. If you make a big batch, you can even dump a bunch of roasted veggies into bone broth and puree it into a delicious roasted vegetable soup. The possibilities are endless! Go forth and roast.
1-2 pounds of vegetables (carrots, turnips, rutabaga, etc)
1 TBS ghee or coconut oil
1 TBS cumin 2 TSP turmeric 1 TSP chili powder (optional)
1 TSP salt 1/4 TSP pepper Finely chopped fresh cilantro & mint (optional)
1. Heat oven to 420 degrees.
2. Prepare all root vegetables by peeling and dicing into same size cubes no bigger than 1 inch by 1/2 inch.
3. Using your hands, coat the vegetables with oil and all spices except for the cilantro & mint.
4. Spread vegetables on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper for easier clean up, and place in oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on the "doneness" in the last 5 minutes. Some folks like a little char, some don't.
5. When done, keep in oven for an extra 5 minutes - this seems to steam the veggies a bit more for added tenderness. Top with fresh cilantro and mint and enjoy!
photo credit balanced lifestyle